If your wedding day is approaching, you are worried about that first dance and you think that you have two left feet, then do not fear. Start the Dance is here to lead you on to the floor, with grace, elegance and style, allowing you to wow your friends and family and make the most of your big day. We offer you a professional, personalised and competitively priced service.
What we do
We understand that organising a wedding can be a stressful enough experience already, so we promise that we will not add to this. Most couples find that the time spent during the lessons is a perfect way to relax together and forget about all those wedding worries.
Our choreographers will carefully discuss your needs before you start, so that we can prepare a routine that fits exactly around your requirements - whether you just want to avoid shuffling around the dance floor, or plan to give Fred & Ginger a run for their money!
We offer a variety of packages from emergency, one off lessons so that you can learn basic steps and avoid the embarrassing shuffle, to a course of lessons to enable you to master your own routine and dance stylishly with grace and confidence. (see rates section for more details)
Here are some of most commonly asked questions – click on the title to find out more. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
How much space do I need?
What do I do if I don't have enough room?
What song shall we choose?
What shall we wear for our lessons?
We have no dance experience at all - is this a problem?
My fiancee is scared of the lessons - how can I reassure them?
How do I pay?
What happens if I need to cancel or change my lessons?
- If you really want to wow your guests, and dance a jaw-dropping, show-stopping youTube worthy routine!
- Also ideal for those who, in addition to learning a first dance, want to learn the steps to popular ballroom and latin dances. Then you can keep dancing all night long!
- Consists of 12 hours of tuition (eight 90 minute lessons).
- Package costs £470.
- Ideal if you want a choreographed routine to your favorite song
- Bespoke choreography devised to match your style and personality
- Consists of 6 hours of tuition (four 90 minute lessons)
- Package costs £250
- Perfect if you want to avoid the embarrassing shuffle, but do not know whether you could commit the time to learn a full routine
- Any extra lessons you have booked in advance can be cancelled at a later date if you do not end up needing them
- A 60 minute lesson is £48, a 90 minute lesson is £65 - two hour 'emergency' lessons are £85
- London: Zones 1-3 there is no travel charge.
- If you live in zone 4 or beyond, we charge a travel supplement per lesson to cover the instructors fare and time in traveling to your house: Zone 4: £10; Outside Zone 4: £15; Outside M25: £20
- For the Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire region please contact us for details.
We have a number of studios, located across London, that are available for hire. We have negotiated with the studios to get discounted rates, starting from £10 per hour.
If you prefer, we can arrange for you to be taught at one of our choreographers' homes, who all have dedicated dancing areas, at no extra cost.
- Tuition charges will be invoiced to you directly by Start the Dance, you do not need to give any money to the choreographer.
- Payment for the packages will be requested following the first lesson.
- Pay as You Go lessons will be invoiced after you finish the course of lessons.
- Minimum of 48 hours notice is required for cancelling a lesson, otherwise the cost will be invoiced in full.
We can’t think of a better way to spend your Hen than dancing the day (or night) away. We specialise in organising personalised programmes to fit in perfectly with your plans.
Why not strut your stuff by learning to Salsa and Meringue from every girls favourite movie ‘Dirty Dancing’. Or maybe you fancy giving Bollywood dancing a go? – we can host the sessions in an Indian restaurant with a curry to get you in the spirit of things.
- Learn a full group routine to a favourite song or have an introduction to a style you have always wanted to master.
- We can teach anything from the traditional waltz to street dancing, disco, Bollywood or belly-dancing.
- Choose from having the session in a studio or at a bar or restaurant, so you can have a much needed drink to either cool you down or get you going!
- We can cater for any group size from 5 - 50.
A huge thank you from all of us for an absolutely fantastic time! I don't think any of us could have predicted how much fun it was. We spent the rest of the weekend practising and running through the dance!" Eliza
Elizabeth & Mark
Amanda & Al
Simon & Asha
Sharon & Dean
Anne & Rob
Belinda & Kian
Melissa & Igho
Charlotte & Dave
Do you know a couple that have just got engaged?
Stuck what to buy your partner for Christmas or their birthday?
Dance lessons make the perfect gift. We offer personalised gift vouchers, either for a set number of dance lessons or a package, which the recipient is free to redeem with us at a time of their choosing.
We will email you the vouchers, together with information about our service and how to book the lessons.
Once purchased the vouchers are non-refundable, but they have no additional restrictions and are valid for a whole year. If you would like to purchase the vouchers now, please make your selection and click the purchase button. All transactions are made securely using paypal. Alternatively, please contact us for more information.
Jess Brichto, a ballroom and latin specialist and former dance champion, founded Start the Dance in 2005. Her aim was to help all wedding couples, whatever their ability, look confident and wow their guests on the dance floor, and most importantly have lots of fun!
Since 2005, Jess has taken on a team of professional choreographers, who are trained in a variety of dancing styles, so whatever routine you want, from Ballroom to Bollywood and Salsa to Street Dance, we can help. All our choreographers are professionally trained in the styles they teach, are fully insured and very friendly.
Here is some more information about our senior team.
Jess, founder & choreographer
Miriam, lead choreographer
Zahra, senior choreographer
Claudio, senior choreographer
Michelle, senior choreographer
Natalie, senior choreographer
Lise, senior choreographer
Kim, senior choreographer
Ivania, senior choreographer
Allan, senior choreographer
Lindsay, senior choreographer
Vanessa, senior choreographer
If you would like to get in touch you can either email us at email@example.com, phone us on 020 7183 0717, or fill out the form below and we’ll get straight back: